Costumes are one of the irreplaceable parts of a Halloween night for any kid. There are literally no ends to the options for Halloween costumes. They can be cute or scary and spooky at the same time. As there are so many choices, you might be struggling with the desire to DIY your baby Halloween costumes, but you’re not sure if it’s worth the effort or you should buy one instead. We’re here to help! While the final decision will be up to you, read on to see the perks of both methods so you can answer the question: “Should You Make Or Buy Kids Halloween Costumes?”.
The Benefits of Buying Halloween Costumes
- Most costume ideas are available at stores: No matter whether it is ghosts, witches, zombies, or superheroes, you will find costumes inspired by the trendiest characters all over the market. In case you are aiming for a good-quality set for your child at an affordable price, you may check out this website. They have an amazing collection of kids Halloween costumes and a fast delivery. So, we are confident in recommending them.
- Time-saving: Instead of spending days or even weeks to make your kid’s Halloween costume, you can grab 1 – 2 sets from online stores with just a few types and clicks. You will have more time to carve pumpkins or decorate your house with lights.
- Guaranteed result: If you are a handy parent, your child will surely get a fantastic costume for their day. But in case you don’t, you may not finish the outfit on time, or it can be messy and uncomfortable for your baby. Therefore, buying a cute (or scary) Halloween costume will ensure that your kiddos have their outfit ready for trick-or-treating.
The Benefits of DIY Halloween Costumes
- Uniqueness: The biggest perk of crafting your child’s Halloween costumes by yourself is uniqueness. Their costume will be the one-and-only, and they can go as characters commercial outfits don’t cover.
- Easy customizable: you can easily adjust the sets if your babies don’t like some details. Moreover, you can integrate some safety tricks such as luminescent paint into the costume. It will help the drivers to see your little trickster when they are wandering somewhere dark.
- Great fun opportunity: It’s a great idea to include your kiddos in your project. The little ones can have their own tweaks on the outfit. How much they help can vary depending on the child’s age and abilities, but they will love it more if they assist in the process.
Should You Make Or Buy Kids Halloween Costumes?
There’s no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. Some would say DIY costumes will save you money. But in fact, buying every material and tool you need can add up. That’s okay if you’re not on a budget, but if the point of making the outfit was to save money, you’re going to need to plan carefully. So, it depends on the Halloween costumes you are planning for your baby. Here we have some factors that you should consider to help you decide what is suitable for you:
- How large is your budget for your kid’s Halloween costumes?
- Is the costume idea readily available at the store?
- Are you a crafty person?
- Is there any pattern or instructions for the costume you’re considering making
- Can you sew, or are you looking for no-sew costume ideas?
- Does your child want to help? What can they do to help?
- Will you be able to complete the costume before Halloween?
Some Easy and Popular Costumes That you Can make
Cute animals and typical characters that require fewer details would be straightforward to make. For instance, you can try:
- Dog/cat/ mouse
Some Costumes That You’d Better Buy:
Costumes of popular cartoon or movie characters are often hard to make as they require more details and props such as facepaint, wigs, helmets, etc. For example:
- Star Wars
- Anime characters
- Disney characters
You May Do A Little Bit Of Both
You can try using existing pieces and make the rest. Or you might buy a partial costume for your little one but DIY the accessories, hair, and makeup. There are many options for you, so you’re sure to find something that meets your needs.
Now that you have this information, you can decide which is best for you. Whatever you decide, remember to have fun with it.
Related article: Best Baby Halloween Costumes To Buy or Make In 2021